8/19/2004

Gettin' Pissed

Well, called the temp company this morning to find out what I need to do so I can get to the doctor sometime today. The lady gave me a number for their customer service line. Customer service line said it had to be handled by the local office. So I called the local office back and the receptionist said the girl wasn't picking up her phone right now (about 5-10 minutes after I got off the phone with customer service). I have a FUNNY feelin' they don't know what the fuck they're doing AND this is going to turn into some big, huge annoyance fest. I was in the middle of talking (wanted to tell her to call my office and let them know I wasn't going to be in today), and she just kept on with the "Have a good day. Goodbye, Stephanie" thing. I bet she didn't even file anything from when I called in on Monday and said I had gotten hurt. She seemed a bit laissez-faire about the whole thing. She could have cared less about me and anything I might do. Because it didn't occur to her that since it happened at the workplace and didn't turn out to be nothing, I'd be callin' back. Aren't they supposed to file a report automatically when someone informs a mgr etc that they were hurt on the job? Maybe I'm being paranoid, but usually when someone is speaking they still have their ear to the phone. She should have been able to hear "Sandra? Sandra? Hello?" overlapping her. I wonder if I can sue them for placing me at that one company where the manager's second-hand smoke wafted into my office from her open door? Maybe I should call a lawyer today. Well, the suckiest thing about all this is I don't even know if I can go to the event this weekend...I WOULD go, regardless of being hurt (just means I couldn't shop so much), except I have the entire house to myself. But, I MIGHT go, regardless of being hurt because my grandmother left a shitload of dirty dishes before they went out of town (she always does this) and I told her I was hurt AND that I would be gone this weekend. Gawd, I am a vengeful being.