7/09/2004

Last name search

I did a search for my last name both spelled with an "i" at the end, and a "y" at the end. It's italian and legal either way. I was told that the name was misspelled when they got of the boat at Ellis Island. Wow, did I ever find a crapload of stuff, and some of it was even interesting. I found out about:
  • My mother being in a quilt club. *yawn*
  • A lady named Diann who is apparently very prominent in the hospitality industry. (I mention her because she came up a shitload of times)
  • My stepfather's suing Beechcraft
  • Aparently, an uncle of mine was incriminated in some HUGE cocaine bust in 1995
  • I found some white trash looking guy in Florida (complete with mugshot) and arrest info
  • Apparently my grandfather was injured in this.
  • A website with a fraction of my brother's artwork on it (damn he's good
  • And my graduation (It was a hoot. If you have the time, check out the article and audio stream. We seriously had people rushing the stage to kick the speaker's ass.)
My relatives apparently own a vineyard and have a hotel in italy. So I decided to try a search by my last name + lucca. Too bad I don't speak any decent italian. About the only thing I can gather is that a lot of people have either graduated or work at some educational facility; and something about smoking - if the italian word is close enough to french to make that assumption. BTW, it seems that both my father's civil rights violation suit and my uncle's cocaine case, both set legal precedent because they were referenced several times in other litigations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »