10/12/2004

Slightly Annoyed

Ok, personal bitchfest. Can someone please explain this to me because I am a complete loss besides "this person does not give a damn about your personal wellfare". As almost all of you know I had some minor back issue that has been ongoing for the past 2 months...ok..maybe more now that I think about it. I have been going in for physical therapy twice a week and fairly regular doctor's appointments. The doctor is concerned that my back has not gotten back to 100% yet and has basically put me on a bunch of various restrictions - no lifting, no reaching, no kneeling, no squatting, and no standing for long periods of time. (Generally no aggravating your back or knee..if you feel pain STOP!) I am 4'7", and trying to do mundane daily tasks sort of puts me into painful situations. I think this is part of the reason it's taking so long for my back to heal. Example being - if I want to do laundry I have to damned near climb into the washing machine (top loader), the top of the washing machine is about 4" below my neck. So with all of the reaching and stretching I have to do I wind up hurting - it generally takes me 2 days to do 2 loads of laundry. The main issue here is washing the dishes. I don't like to do it, neither does my grandmother. So, for the past month or so I have been washing only my dishes, because technically I shouldn't be doing them because it causes both my knee and my back to start hurting (the twisting and lifting and reaching). I have informed my grandmother that it causes me great pain and that I am technically not supposed to do them. Yesterday was laundry day. They were out of town (of course there was a sink full of dishes when they left) . So after doing a load of laundry I was NOT about to wash those dishes. Coincidentally, my back was hurting the entire day and I STILL had to eat (did I mention cooking hurts?). I get up this morning and all of the dishes are washed except for the ones I had used yesterday (2 pans, both nonstick, a rack for one of the pans, and a collapsible steamer), Am I completely missing something here? Despite the fact I am not supposed to be doing this, I try to do it to keep the peace, despite the pain. But when I don't because I AM in pain - she KNEW I was in pain yesterday - (and she leaves a crapload of dishes that I guess she expects me to do when they went out of town) there they are, waiting for me..the thing I am not supposed to do. Arrrggggggh...Am I being petty?

No comments: