10/10/2004

Prepping for ToH II

These are the earrings I have made so far to try to use for blanket trading during the rendezvous this coming weekend. They are pretty simple, and somewhat tacky I think. But, unless/until I get some more money to make more interesting pieces (purchasing silver feathers and trade beads) they will have to do. I'm thinking about making a trip out to Michael's tomorrow (bonus 50% off coupon along with the regular 40% off) and see if I can find some turquoise or rock chips. Depending on if I can sell a single one of these simple little creations will depend on if I bother making any more. I am going to try to do some stitching so I can do something like this. Seriously folks, I would like your honest opinions about the earrings. I know they aren't particularly fashionable, but this is a re-enactment group and has to be period appropriate (so don't go judging them against modern jewelry, please). I am new to making jewelry and tried to make these look as nice as I could with the free and cheap supplies I have at my disposal; but, if they look like crap I would very much like to know so I don't look like more of a fool than normal and/or think I will be able to eat this weekend.

Earrings made with Porcupine Quills and Glass Beads (Click on image to enlarge) Take a poll for your thoughts on the earrings

No comments: