10/11/2004

Swedish

Someone had responded to a previous post I had where I put the word "puss" in the title - puss is swedish for kiss - and it reminded me of a funny thing that happened with mispronounced words in foreign languages. I was reading a children's book in Swedish and my pronunciation was SO bad everyone was laughing at me, quite hysterically might I add. I finally got frustrated and started making up words because I found the language to be so damned ridiculous. I had no idea up until about a week or two ago why it was so funny (and to be honest, I have no idea how I remembered this).
"I satta on the catta and then I made him flatta"
Well, "flata" in swedish is a lesbian. Ok, it's sort of stupid, but it's funny in that "I made up a word and it turned out to be real and funny in context" kinda way. No interesting posts today. I spent 5 hours trying to get Movable Text on a server today only to get pissed and find out that this particular webhost who supposedly supports perl scripts is NOT in fact able to support that program.

No comments: