8/09/2004

First Day at Work

First day wasn't so bad. I got to create a database that will be sure to impress the boss who has been wanting it for months - all I have to do now is figure out the formatting for the reports and I'm finished..I think it took a total of an hour to get the data typed up, forms set up, and queries done. I've got all of the current data and weekly queries up until the end of this month. Apparently, the fact I was able to get 6+ of the financial plan letters typed up via the dictation machine seemed to impress one of the girls. And, the people seem nice enough overall. Boss brought in one of those brownie blizzards from Dairy Queen for me today. I think that was really friggin nice of her, especially considering we had never met. (I interviewed with the office manager.) Too bad the most fun girl is leaving..Well..not sure if "girl" is the proper term, but she's got a helluva sense of humour. The hours are kinda sweet too. 9-5 with an hour lunch and frequent bathroom breaks. It completely flew by. Tomorrow I get to work on the client database and find out why it will not allow them to enter any more data, so that might take a bit, depending. I'm also going to try to look at some of their other software programs and see if I can write something in visual basic. Then I might check into finding out if a coldfusion server would be beneficial for a company that size. Not sure it would be very cost effective for a company with 3 employees and apparently sluggish growth. Oh, something Contagion and Nessa would love. There is a Japanese restaurant inside of the building I'm in (connected to a high-priced hotel)...soooo..SUSHI at least 3 times a week...MmmmMMmm...teka maki, maybe even SPIDER ROLLS!! Ok, I have to finish laundry and find dinner.

5 comments:

Contagion said...

Mmmm. Sushi.. I haven't had that in a long time. Damn Atkin's diet. I would complain but 60 pounds and gaining off of my fat ass is hard to argue with.

Anathematized1 said...

Why don't you just eat sashimi?

I was sort of peeved today. Went to the japanese restaurant and they don't serve sushi rolls at lunch, only at dinner. So I had to spend $20 on tempura and sashimi. Not complaining about the food, it was darned tasty. It's just being in the 'burbs of Chicago, it was damned pricy for the quantity.

Anonymous said...

What a great site
»

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! levaquin steroids 'fat ass sluts' Zyrtec and description side effects of taking expired levaquin Buy sony mvc fd87 digital cameras dress lia Free erotic gay rimming stories levaquin combination prednisone 401k 10 penalty http://www.loreal-cosmetics.info/levaquin-in-5-dextrose-injection.html Pam anderson nude hardcore Quantum bigfoot hard drives levaquin indication tom bentley Teaching positions for online