9/11/2004

Men, Weirdos, and Creeps - Oh My!

Was chatting with an individual today who mentioned that I had issues because I did not enjoy being objectified as a sexual object because of my height -there are a shitload of men online who figure because I am short I can fulfill some fucked up midget fantasy they have - and I came to realize that I think a lot of men are really scummy. Then I thought about the occupations of a lot of the assholes that msg me and act like friggin perverts. Not all of them are the uneducated masses like my friend big_mike548. A lot of them are managers, techies, owners of companies. Then I considered the fact that statistically speaking with just the tiny crossection of society that hits upon women and seem to have odd fetishes like midgets and severed limbs (thanks Ktreva), what a hell of a lot of perverted weirdos there are in this small, small world. I think I am beginning to hate and fear men. I've always had issues with men ranging from abandonment issues from my biological father, physical and emotional abuse from my step-father (with the occasional death threat), rapes, attempts at Arkansas' version of "keepin' it in the family", an issue with a very close person that emotionally scarred me to the point that the mere thought of being touched by another male literally made me vomit for about 3 years, and a myriad of other events that I am not going to mention. I have basically made my peace with my past, but I figure I've reached overstepped the boundary for TMI already. Anyway, I mention that crap so that there is the understanding that I DO have issues, and well-founded issues at that. DESPITE my issues I still have the ability to love wholeheartedly and unfailingly. It takes a HELL of a long time to get me to trust you as far as I can throw you, but once I do it takes a lot to get me to deviate from that. Ok, now my concern is that the issues I have, based upon past experiences and traumatic events, coupled with the fact most of the guys I run into online are perverts is making me a man-hating shrew. I am afraid that whenever I see some guy, that he's going to be thinking particularly creepy thoughts that he only keeps at bay in one-on-one situations because of things like getting kneed in the testicles or sexual harassment suits. Which consequently means most men are lying, assholic freaks only showing their true personality, wants, and desires on the fairly anonymous internet because of the nature of the medium and the fact they cannot get maced, kicked in the nuts, or sued. Obviously the things they state online are things they are thinking. They just do not feel as free to make those statements in person. I cannot imagine some guy coming up to me at the grocery store stating "Damn...you're short...fucking you would be kind of kinky. [BTW} [H]ow big are your breasts?" And yet, I get that all of the time online. It has gotten to the point that I had my yahoo messenger on invisible status for approximately one year because I was getting sick of guys messaging me "got cam?" "want to play?" or some weird line that translates to "wanna see me play with myself?" I have male friends, they are all normal and consider me to be repulsive - an item of which I am reminded of a BIT more frequently than I care for, LOL. And the thing is that I know they don't run around doing this crap. And these friends are sick, twisted motherfuckers who probably need to be heavily medicated and put into anger management programs and psychiatric wards. It's the others that scare me. Doctors, lawyers, CEO's, presidents of companies, managers. Trust me, I'm not an attractive girl, so men don't even look at me twice as a general rule unless it's in shock at my height or something. So it's not as if it's some egomaniacal thing - they all want meeeeee...NOT. It's just seriously starting to freak me out what men are turning into. If that much of the population is SO obsessed with getting off what the hell is going to happen with the next generation? They surely aren't going to be held by the confines of the internet. Next thing you know there will be some girl walking down the street surrounded by men heavily involved in a circle jerk.

2 comments:

Anti said...

is it safe to laugh at this post, wouldn't want you to out me as you did bigmike.
Funnily enough my country, Trinidad has a celebrity of some sorts named Big Mike...I would not say he has a fetich though, unless wearing g-string thongs in public qualifies.

Anonymous said...

I believe men act out on he internet for the exact reason you stated, that they can't get "hurt". It easy for me to say because I am male but I would like to think not all of us are complete social rejects. I for one have done things in my past that I regret very much indeed, I did hurtful things online myself but I would like to think that men on the whole can grow up and do. I am sure there is a few of the gentlemen still around, they just have to keep it cool for fear of being picked on for that.
You also have some VERY strange male friends B-)