9/26/2004

You know, I was thinking about that job I am supposed to go interview for again. I am completely mortified. I know it's a fairly entry-level position and they aren't expecting some professional programmer with 10+ years of experience in there, but I am definately NOT secure in my abilities because of the length of time it has been since my last position. This would be a great job for me by way of not having to deal with people; but all in all, I would prefer the other job I interviewed for. It definately has a more creative outlet and isn't straight programming all day long. I guess the fact that one of the men I interviewed with was like "a lot of people don't last a week here." I understood why, and I don't have the same attitude as those people...but you also have to wonder about the work environment. You had to have a helluva lot of people quit to make a statement like that to a potential candidate for an open position! And that seems like a big red flag for me. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic again, I don't know. Oh, sidenote: I was reminded that some questions are better left unanswered...or at the very least, the answers should be remembered for safety reasons - "Hey, why do I have an almost completely full container of sugar-free jelly in here? That stuff was tasty the last time I had it...PB&J here I come." Now it's 7 hours later, my ass sounds like a tuba performing "Flight of the Bumblebee"*, and I keep taking 15 minute detours to catch up on my "light reading". *mumbles to self 'If I don't take another part of the paper in there next time, I'm going to have the real estate section memorized'* And on that note....I have to return...maybe if I go to sleep I won't notice it so much? *5th up from the bottom. (Direct links sending me to some weird page with nothing on it.)

No comments: