8/26/2004

Good News and Bad News

Bad news first: Went to the doctor's office for a follow-up today. He came in, asked a few questions, then tried to twist me to the left. Apparently the wincing and pained gasp I let out convinced him that I need more than to buy a new car like the last doctor suggested. I think I forgot to post about that one. Sooooo:
Went to the doctor's office on 8-19 because I had hurt my back at work earlier that week. The doctor released me to work the next day after prescribing me Vicadin and a muscle relaxant of some kind. Well, I attempted to explain to the doctor that I have an hour and a half drive to work which led to two problems 1) I can't take these pills until I get home at 6:30 at night and 2) by the time I get to work, I can barely walk, and by the time I get home I am in the same condition. Because I am short, I have to hyperextend my hurt leg in order to reach the pedals, and in Chicago traffic you can NOT use cruise control...Well..his solution? To buy a Ford Taurus, because apparently they have adjustable pedals. I sort of looked at him funny and basically held my breath on that one. The only comment I made was along the lines of "I just bought a brand new car 4 months ago and can't really afford a new one right now". To which he rebutted that they were only around $20k or under. Great medical advice, eh? I also sort of wondered about this one: I told him I couldn't take the pain medication at work and he told me "Take Tylenol". Ok, if the doctor feels the need to prescribe fairly heavy duty drugs to ease the pain and promote relaxation and healing, wtf is TYLENOL going to do??? Consequently, I took some that night and it did NOTHING..So I called off work the next day. But what did I expect from a doctor who damned near writes out a prescription for "buy a new car"???
So today I went to a new doctor, and after the freakish display when he attempted to twist me to the left for a range of motion check, he seemed VERY concerned and signed me up for MORE meds (no more vicadin, it wasn't helping so they basically have me on two different kinds of muscle relaxants and prednisone. They tried having me go in for physical therapy tomorrow. But, since I had two days off last week, and one day off this week (and it only being my 3rd week of work) I opted to have it next Tuesday (which means I shall also be missing at LEAST one and a half days of work because the physical therapy appointment is at 1:00 and I find it pointless to get to work at 3:30 or 4:00 and leave an hour later. Ok, now for the good news: Went down to the Clerks Office today and filled out the Certificate of Intention. Once I publish my new "business" in the newspaper for 3 weeks I will receive my Certificate of Ownership. Soooo, I am almost officially a business owner. I have to talk to someone though because I am a bit confused about the EIN (tax id) thing. I don't think I need one. Hmmmm....

2 comments:

Contagion said...

Unless you have employees, the only number you need is a state sales tax number. Because no mater what you do, they are going to tax the hell out of it.

Bou said...

If you are required to show one on any return, statement or other document, you will need one. For instance, if you want to open a bank account in your business's name, you need one.

I just did it for one of the frickin' organizations I am not the frickin' Treasurer for. You can get the form on-line and there are only certain parts you have to fill out if you are not going to have employees.

E-mail me if you want and I'll tell you where you get this stuff on-line.