8/23/2004

Oh, Yeah - Slightly Good News

Last Friday I called back one of the companies I had interviewed with. During the interview the lady said that they would get back to me by 8/13 about the job. Well, I hadn't gotten a rejection letter from them as of 8/20, so I decided to call and make sure I was not worthy of the open position. The lady was out of the office, but was nice enough to call me back fairly soon after. She informed me that I was indeed being held in consideration for the position but they were pretty slow and to try to bear with them. I know she's not yanking my chain, because I had tried calling the day before and the receptionist informed me that the person I was trying to reach had been gone for a majority of the past two weeks. I'm going to gain religion and pray I get this job. I likely won't, but it would be a MASSIVE improvement over my current position. Trying not to get my hopes up, but during the interview she was mentioning an issue they were having and I made a suggestion which included installing ColdFusion. She seemed pretty excited about the possibilities, and judging from the things she mentioned I would be doing, there would never be a dull moment. Plus, they have amazing benefits and overtime, even for salaried employees (which I would be). There is only one thing I am somewhat leery about - since I wasn't sure if there were going to be second interviews I didn't inquire about the pay for the position. But the other job I had interviewed with at the company at the end of July was a liveable wage and this one was supposed to be considerably higher. If any of you believe in Godlike beings pray for my immortal soul (no devil worshippers please). I'm wondering if I am being too positive, or if there is some protocol for inquiring when they fuck they are going to come to a decision when it takes a company more than 2 weeks after the date they said they would notify potential candidates, to notify potential candidates? Any ideas?