8/27/2004

I am so Goddamned sick of this

I lost my job today. She was rather nice about it and said it had nothing to do with me. They were REALLY happy with the database work and the Palm program I found and installed for them (to update the database with prospect information for the owner). It was only because it was too expensive for the 3 personnel company to afford and things were really slow right now and they really didn't have any enough work to keep me there. They are planning on bringing someone on part-time. Well, Ummmm don't you think you'd fucking ASK what the amount was to buy out the contract? And don't you think since they SAID it was temp-to-hire, the temporary service would inform them about the amounts for a buy-out on a contract? WTF?? I figure it had to do with my absences since I got hurt, but there is nothing I can do about that. I spoke with her and made it very clear that if it was a problem to please let me know...Come to think of it, she said it was really slow, and it was my hours. She basically could have cared less. I know there were a bunch of days I had to leave early because there wasn't anything left for me to do. I kept finding things for myself. (Created a 26 page document I installed for the Palm Pilot database prospecting software yesterday morning.) I know that I am a fairly intelligent, capable individual. Why the hell can't I get/keep a job? I apply for "real" jobs and get "you're overqualified" or my favorite "we are afraid you would not stay with us if a position in your field came along" Come ON...do they NOT realize the situation for the IT sector??? I'm starting to think this isn't just bad luck, that it's seriously something with ME. Who the hell else has to go through all this? Damnit, I wish I had been able to go to those two job interviews last week. I'm not even sure if unemployment will reopen my case since there is the whole issue with the fraud charges for my mistake with the call-in. I am completely bewildered, pissed, ashamed, and lost. Oh well... All I know is that I am tired of this entire debaucle. It's causing me mental anguish, self-esteem issues, deep depression with suicidal ideations (I now have 3 kinds of muscle relaxants and a fair quantity of vodka in the freezer....which I thought about the entire way home tonight - not healthy). I even started having heart palpitations and dizziness today. Though, I am not sure if that is due to the medications, the pain, or the shocking news of the day and deep sense of despair when I realized my financial situation is going to lead to me likely losing my car within 2 months.

7 comments:

Contagion said...

Sorry to hear about you loosing your job. Times are tough and unfortuantly they favor the employeer. Which rocks when you are doing the hiring, but sucks when you want to be hired. I could put in some bs here about how things will look better, but I'm sure you're tired of hearing that crap.

Anathematized1 said...

I KNOW that it's an employers market. But, my resume shows a helluva lot more skills and experience than a lot of people would, and I get a no based on the two extremes "overqualified" and "might leave for higher paying IT position". Oh, can't forget the being offered data entry/telemarketing positions for $7-8/hour. I REFUSE to do telemarketing,; and I think I am developing carpal tunnel so doing data entry all day is NOT going to happen.

Anyway, I'm babbling..My main point is that this entire situation is just goddamned frustrating.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't you like to say to those people who tell you that you are "overqualified" that you still need to eat? The only think I can offer you morale support, and maybe a beer, but not with all those pills!

-Nessa

Anathematized1 said...

Hey, if I can manage to invite myself over at some point this week I can skip my night-time muscle relaxant. My back has been feeling surprisingly well the past day or so. I have my moments, but I'm pretty sure I'll be tip top soon.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
»

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! http://www.call-center-3.info/Indomainregistration.html Self adhesive letters and numbers baseball helmets craps basic strategy Scrabble ottawa Fishing plaques salmon fishing sooke

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »