8/30/2004

Why Me?

I got a call today for an interview. I accepted, but thought it seemed a bit fishy. I had received an email earlier today and checked out the webpage and thought NAH, seems sorta like telemarketing positions. After I got home from physical therapy (man did that ever SUCK), I had a message to call someone back for an interview. So I did, and she asked if I had received their email earlier. So I checked things out and asked her a few questions. Based upon the answers I received for those questions and the information I viewed on the website earlier today, I was more than a bit leery. I decided to check and see if there was any bad press about this company. Trying to keep a fairly objective view because ANYONE/THING is going to have bad press from somewhere. Hmmmm, I didn't think it was going to be THIS bad...Now..I am pretty damned sure I am not going to go. If even half of what these people say is true, I am not driving my happy black ass 2 hours one-way if there is even an INKLING of a scam. This is what I found after 30 seconds of searching. Not a good sign, eh? Arbordahl & Associates Though, I think it would have been cool if I had my mutual friend's, friend's (that CANNOT be grammatically correct) tape recorder and I could upload the more interesting lies on here. But, that sort of sounds like work so we'll keep it as a hypothetical for now.

3 comments:

Contagion said...

Yea, that place sounds a wee bit on the crooked side. I think I'll support the side that says stay clear.

Anonymous said...

Ewww... steer clear of that place. Sounds crooked enough that they may actually charge you to work for them!
-Nessa

Anonymous said...

I went there. I have heard that it is kindof like a cult. They are part of a larger corporation that is pretty shady.