9/21/2004

What a Wonderful Day

Today has completely sucked ass, and it's only 4:40. I still have a few hours left...wonder what's going to go wrong in the meantime, lol. Had a job interview this morning that was SUPPOSED to be at 9am...well, around 8:45, after sitting in damned near stand-still traffic and not being anywhere NEAR the place I was to be interviewing at, I had to give the guy a call and say I was going to be a bit late. He was ok with it....then I got lost. After driving on the highway that leads to INDIANA I finally found a road to turn off onto and stopped at a gas station. The gentleman informed me that I was about 2 towns away from where I needed to be, and it would take me at least half an hour to get there (it was now 9:30). So I called up the nice gentleman at the company and said that I would not be able to make it until around 10am, that I understood if this was not acceptible, and that I was embarrased by my obvious inability to read. He told me that he had someone coming in at 10:00, but that if I could hold out he could schedule me in for 11. Sooooo, I got lost several times on my way to the facility in the meantime, and stopped off at the Starbucks he suggested I wait at. At 10:45 I went and had the interview. He was VERY nice and AMAZINGLY understanding. Even going so far as to tell me that he can't remember how many times he has gotten lost and been late to meetings with clients, and that it happens to the best of us. Got back into town and everything is great, EXCEPT..."shit...I have physical therapy in 15 minutes". Soooo, I schlep off to my physical therapy appointment, sans my pool attire and big fluffy towel. Had to explain the situation which left me feeling stupid because I forgot my stuff last week (though it worked out because I cancelled on Tuesday and Thursday the water in the pool was murky so I couldn't get in anyway). I'm done with physical therapy around 1:45 - YAY, she didn't make me do the treadmill or anything (all this driving made my back and knee into great barrels of happy-fun-time pain) - and remember that I have to see the doctor today, and can't do that until after 3. SOOOooo, I come home, sit for 45 minutes, and have to go back out to that infernal place. So all of the wonderful sunshiny mellow non-hurting feelings I had from the physical therapy (which consisted of being hooked up to the T.E.N's unit thing,and getting a massage from the physical therapist - remind me to get her a Thank You card and a dozen roses at the end of this) were completely undone by changing clothes, driving back out there and sitting in those gawdawful chairs for 35-45 minutes...all for a 5 minute one-on-one with the doctor. Sidenote: I have recently come to realize I am a horrible flirt. I flirted with the male nurse, and with the doctor...I'm pretty sure I was flirting with the two women in physical therapy. How the hell have I been blind to this for so many years? I still can't figure out when someone is flirting with me unless it's accompanied with a blinking neon sign that reads "He's flirting with you, dumbass". Anywho....NOW I am about to venture off to get corseted by a friend, and then I have to do a shitload of sewing for this weekend. All on 3 hours of broken sleep. I don't think I'd care so much if I had adequate sleep and didn't feel like someone had shoved a red-hot metal rod down the right side of my spine....All I can say is nobody better fuck with me. Cause they are goin' DOWN.

2 comments:

Contagion said...

Hmm, I'm not a doctor, however I like to play one in the bedroom, but I'd prescribe 2-3 beers and maybe a shot of Jack Daniels.

Bou said...

Hey it would be super cool to work for a guy that nice!