9/19/2004

Eternal Damnation

Well, here is the first installment. This is not one of the stories to be completed in a month. It sort of gets completed whenever the hell I bother completing it. I will try to do updates once a week at the very least. But, in the meantime I will post tidbits of what I already have written every day or every other day (Mon-Fri) of this week. Then I will start posting by chapter. Hopefully, things won't get horribly muddled. I never finish anything, so I might get confused. Besides, I'm sort of anal about things and go over them again and again so I hope that I don't produce a less than quality product by not going about my usual process. If you like the tidbits/installment segments, tell me. Likewise if you don't like them. Just let me know, and if I get a majority vote saying they suck I will stop posting them. I'm cool either way, my dreams of being published are long gone, LOL. "I am not immortal, merely long-lived." "An issue of semantics - what is the true difference?" the man asked with exasperation. "Very little; but there is no way your kind can harm me." She smiled at the man as if he were a child, condescendingly. "So there is no hope for mankind." He said this not as a question, more as a statement of fact. "None…" Her eyes shifted to the window, "None but to serve," She said under Her breath in a near hiss. Never removing Her gaze from the snow-laden field, She raised a slender hand and signaled the guardsman that stood stiffly at the door, arms crossed in front of his chest. He silently strode over and grasped the man roughly, withdrawing him from Her quarters. The man went without a single thought of disobedience. There was no point to rebellion. Thus was the way things were; thus was the way things were to be. Upon leaving the room, the guardsman handed the man a piece of black cloth. The man knew the routine. Mechanically, he placed it; methodically, he tied it and positioned his hands, wrists crossed, behind his back. The guardsman bound them with rope and checked the blindfold. Once satisfied, he snapped a leash to the man's collar and they set out down the hallway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is interesting, and I like it. Who is she??? Keep going damnit!

-KTreva

Anathematized1 said...

Patience young paduan. All shall be revealed with time.