7/22/2004

Interview-a-rama

Holy crap, it seems I am a hot commodity for job interviews lately. I get the call for the second interview at that one place, I had two other interviews prior to that (one I turned down, the other has been waiting for someone to return from Asia), I have another one Saturday, and one on Monday. Ok, the one on Saturday is friggin HYSTERICAL! I submitted my resume for an Office Administrator Position, no big, didn't expect to hear back from them. Well, a few days later a girl called and said that I had to submit my salary and benefit requirements via email to be considered.  (This is so funny because there are only 3 employees in the company that are not in a union, so I figured I would NEVER get a call back after making the following demands.) Well, I told them I would accept $40k per year (+/- $3k) based upon experience and education (I have more of both than was required) , Health, Dental, and company matching up to 6% for 401K. And I specifically noted I was negotiable on all issues and that the following criteria were a starting point. That way, not sure if there is some legal precedent or anything, but it's not a binding document.  So, I can add on all kinds of other ridiculous demands.  If you have any suggestions, fire away. LOL. Judging from what their requirements were for this position. It's nothing more than a glorified administrative assistant position. I probably wouldn't take it anyway, being a construction company, unless they gave me damned near everything I wanted. Well, I just hope that I get one of these damned jobs. I'm really jonesin' to buy hardware to upgrade my computer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The one Saturday might be a company like the research company I interviewed with a few weeks ago - they call *everybody* in for an interview, regardless of if they're actually interested in hiring them or not. Like it some kind of obligation or something.

Maybe you should demand fresh Starbuck's on your desk every morning too (I *have* heard of companies going for that - but it was during the dot-com bubble)-
That would be kinda funny - a secretary demanding coffee be delivered to her as one of her benefits.

-S