7/22/2004

Why My Friends Suck - Bitchfest

Ok, in my last post I mentioned something about my friends sucking.  I figure I should clarify before I get blackballed from the group from the one entire day I get to hang out with them per month. First of all, they're great for emotional support and all that crap. Especially considering the fact they are all guys.  But it'd be nice if they did things like:
  • Put me on their gate list.  Come on it's been 2 years already...I'm starting to get a complex, and have come to realize your promises mean shit...*glares at Grau*
  • Called to see if I was alive every once and awhile.  No excuse not to call my house cause of the Gestapoesque questioning session because I have a cell phone now.
  • Stopped considering me to have female parts and allowed me to get together with them more than once a month cause the other times they get together is "guys night". Ok..I'm just bitter over that one cause I don't really ever get to see my friends.
  • Drugged their kids so they could get out of their goddamned houses to go to Hooters or a movie once and awhile.
Second of all, my friends are all married and most of them have kids so I understand they have responsibilities. But sometimes, I swear they come up with the lamest excuses.   I cannot believe the response to the post about going on a date with a psycho to see spiderman 2 where people said I never asked them to hang out..I call bullshit. Especially to the one with the notoriously HORRID memory. (I swear SOMEONE we know and luv, has Early Onset Alzheimer's...more commonly referred to as CRS.)  I have even asked anonymous poster "S" to hang out! I just don't think he likes me much though, so I gave up on him LOL. Though, I had a blast the last time. "Watch out for snakes!" Trust me, my friends are great for letting me come by and hang out with them. I do appreciate that, but it just sort of makes me feel like I'm interrupting their lives.  I sometimes feel like if I didn't bother keeping in touch with them and I moved away or died or something, it would be months later before anyone realized it. And the sad thing is, it would probably be Contagion who realized it because I didn't respond to the monthly Nerd Day email, or show up to a reenactment event. I was actually really surprised anyone showed up for my graduation party last year. I was touched, but really could have done without the excessive hugging crap. Ewwww!! I think the reason this whole thing bugs me the most is because 1) I know that they call and email each other to catch up, 2) In the past, I have been told by people that they  are ashamed to be seen with me in public...and as illogical as I know it is, I still wonder if that is the main reason no one wants to make time for me; and why I have to press so hard to spend quality time with friends.  Either that, or I am a complete friggin social retard who is horrifically annoying (the latter is more believable). I hate feeling like I'm the only one making an effort to stay in touch. I do luv my friends. I just wish...I dunno...maybe that they would take some time to acknowledge I'm here. Well, at least until I move..then I have to make new friends and will promptly forget about them.

6 comments:

littlejoe said...

Hey now, you get just as much attention from me as my other friends. I ignore them most of the time too.
Actually, you hang out more with me than most of "the guys".

Contagion said...

Hey now, I don't call anyone unless a) I really need something from them b)I need to get information from them c) I'm supposed to do something for them and I need to get details. I'm not a phone person. I like to keep my conversations short and to the point so I can get off the damn thing. And usually the only time I see everyone is the same day you're there. There are a limited amount of occasions that is not true.

As for my early onset of alzheimers.. you're only 12 years late on that diagnosis. But I do remember being asked, that was a joke. Hence the whole, I can't do anything anyways because I'm never free. And when *I* am free everyone else is busy it seems. :)

Anonymous said...

For the record i just found out today you have a blog so nyah nyah on you.
Also I never talk to anyone cept on nerd day and the only reason I email James is cause he is the only one who will talk to me at work. now that I have my own home computer maybe I can be more email friendly but I apologize for not keeping in touch, bu for the record I asked about you a lot B-)

Anonymous said...

To begin with, not all of your friends are guys. I do NOT have a LHBV, nor did I ever claim to. Believe me, I would love to occasionally drug my kids and go to a movie, considering it's been a year or longer, but it's no fun to have to explain to DCFS why your children are duct taped to the wall. And finally, no one calls or emails me to get caught up, so I bug them on the blogs :)

Anathematized1 said...

I didn't say it was a legitimate beef, just that it was an illogical thought at the back of my mind due to things said in the past. It's always stuck with me and has always caused me some lack of self-esteem whenever someone rejects an offer to go do something and offers a lame excuse *shrug*.

Contagion said...

Yea. besides most of us dress funny on the weekends. Plus we aren't ashamed to be seen with Grau. And some of us will even go into nice sterile hosp... er public buildings dressed as a 1756 Scottish longhunter smelling of ass and funk just to claim Grau. So that should pretty much tell you how much we don't who we hang out with in public, nor what the public thinks of us... a 1756 Scottish longhunter-Security guard! yea, people are stupid.