7/24/2004

What does the future hold

Ok, I have officially informed the youngin' that I'm going to try him out. Again, not so sure it's going to work out, but...*whines* he's niiiiice...settling isn't THAT bad is it? My brother stopped over here to mow the lawn, and I invited myself over for grilled cheese sandwiches. We sat and talked for hours. After we were done complaining about the psycho bitch which spawned us, he told me about a really kickass program he is enrolled in at the community college here. This immediately made me think "Why the FUCK don't I just enroll, it's FREE!!!" It's called a program cluster for a mass communications program. In case you don't want to go there and check out the class info, here is the summary paragraph from the site:
The Mass Communication Program at Rock Valley College is designed to give students a comprehensive education in Audio, Video, and Motion Picture production. Our production courses are taught in a state of the market multi-media facility using state of the market digital cameras, non-linear editors and digital recording equipment. Students begin hands on training on the first day of class, and are given 24-hour a day, 7 day a week access to the Center for Media Production.
After that, I can either go for my MBA, or go to a culinary arts program somewhere. They also offer this same program at a GREAT college in the Chicago suburbs near where I used to work at; I think I would even be able to pay the lower tuition based on our local community college rate ($51/credit hour). I can't do what I want to do...which is sing...so I might as well go for something else fairly interesting. My dad used to do commercials in our city before he moved to Chicago, and my brother wants to be a director. It makes me feel a tad weird about it since he's 9 years younger than me, but...it really sounds great from what he has been describing. For chrissakes, I'm almost 30 and have done nothing with my life. Yes, I've had a bit more excitement than the average bear, but I yearn for so much more than just looking for a damned office job. I want to do something that requires some creative thought. This would all be so much easier if I didn't have that brand new fucking car - if I only knew then what I know now. My car payments were about $200 less a month and the insurance was lower too. This is a huge chunk of cash when your total amount in unemployment checks per month does not even add up to you weekly checks while employed...*contemplates - Well, there was that issue of the motor "probably" exploding whenever I turned the thing on, so I shouldn't bitch too much.*

4 comments:

Bou said...

Contagion has in information... right?

Anathematized1 said...

Yep, Contagion has his name and address. I will give him the cell phone number before I see the guy again.

Contagion said...

Yea, I have it. I don't have his phone number,yet. Actually I have an interesting file for Aneth... It pretty much reads like I'm profiling seriel killers and rapists...

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »