8/03/2004

A few links

I was at Contagion's house tonight and we talked a bit about the post I had regarding outsourcing jobs to India. He had wanted proof of the fact that once people stop looking for work or are not counted at the unemployment office (after benefits run out, etc) that they are not considered in the final unemployment tally. There was a book written by David Dembo and Ward Morehouse entitled The Underbelly of the U.S. Economy: Joblessness and the Pauperization of Work in America. It is apparently a much cited source and required reading for some colleges. I haven't seen any negative commentary regarding this book, stating it as a bunch of lies and propaganda. So, check it out if you care. About the only link I found that I remotely trusted (most of them were from Democratic sites doing more than their fair share of Bush Bashing) was from CNN

7 comments:

littlejoe said...

Ya know, I already knew this about unemployment. I actually read about it on a mostly pro-Bush site. They were concerned that while many jobs were indeed being created, the fact that huge numbers of people were being dropped from the rolls of U/E offices would almost certainly be used to show that somehow didn't create any jobs.

Just like Al Franken said, "No republican has ever created a job, not one job, ever."

He are smart.

Anonymous said...

I found a ton of links I could have used for refences, but considering their source I wasn't sure how pursuasive they would be. As the old adage about statistics goes, you can change em around to make your case no matter what it is.

I put a couple of things I ran across that could be considered somewhat reputable in a 15 minutes time period of searching. I am a big proponent of having something to back up your word. Even if the document quoted can be refuted later it's nice to be able to show you didn't completely pull something out of your ass on the drop of a dime.

Anathematized1 said...

OK, in case you are braindead, that last post was done by me. For some reason it selected Anonymous when I created the post.

Contagion said...

Just for the record, It's not that I didn't believe you, and I stated that, it was that I never saw anything on it. Except from unreliable sources or by word of mouth. *I* like my facts not only in print, but to be accredited if possible. hehehehehe.

Anathematized1 said...

And as I said during our conversation, I believe in having factual data to back you up, and therefore complied to your whim. 'Cause I am a good friend and shit.

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
metropolitain auto ins keyword purchase vicodin boards mitsubishi vacuum cleaners chevrolet suburban migraine and treatment and natural andnot imitrex pda reviews loans for tax debts paintball guns

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Saunas gay de madridde hummer manufacturer Pgc spyware adware remover Bluetooth blackberry keyboard Gts preggo