8/05/2004

Fun Night

Spent a bit of time at LittleJoe's tonight. We wrote a song that seemed pretty damned good. Hopfully, we'll be able to force our friends to listen to it soon and can do an open mike night at a locale somewhere in town. If it's as good as he thinks it is it might prove to be interesting - I love to sing. About the only experience I have singing in front of people is at karaoke bars. They seem to love me but I'm not altogether sure if that is because I am a good singer or because I sing the Divinyls "I Touch Myself" and pretend to give the VJ a blowjob behind his little podium. (I usually get harrassed into doing it when I go to that particular hick bar.) Oh, can't forget the fake boob rubbing bit for pure audience entertainment...they seem to like that too. Ok, well I have to go to "work" tomorrow, so I had better do that sleep thing. *yawn*

2 comments:

Bou said...

Well I do hope that when you do this Karaoke night there is a Post on it by one of you, because it seems a shame to miss it! :)

Anathematized1 said...

Well, went to do karaoke tonight, but that is a whole different beast from open mic night. I sort of sucked on 2 of my first 3 songs cause I decided to do a couple of "new" ones for a lark...Haven't heard the damned things in years. Everyone said I did ok, but I felt that I sort of sucked ass. I sang "Lady Marmalade" and..well..it was frightening. People were dancing and doing weird things. One lady started basically showing off bits that I am sure the men enjoyed, but since it's not my lesbian week all I could do was laugh through a stanza of the song.

Anyway, I will definately do a post if LJ and I do an open mic night.