9/16/2004

Chocolate Covered Schwetty Balls

I was watching Oprah last week or two weeks ago....ok...IN MY DEFENSE: I sat down and it was the channel the tv was on. My back was hurting and I wasn't about to get up and look for the remote; and since I haven't quite mastered using the force, I was basically stuck watching it for 15 minutes until I was "recovered" enough to get up and find the remote - talk about a run-on sentence. It was some show about things women/people can do to add years to their lives or some crap. Well, a few of the things I gleaned were:
  1. Take an aspirin a day
  2. Eat an ounce of chocolate a day
  3. Eat a handful of nuts a day
OK. I could care less about the aspirin, but the last two reminded me that I had about 3 bags of GOOD chocolate and some macadamia nuts that I had been intending to put together into that scrumptious marvel of human ingenuity called chocolate covered macadamia nuts. SoooOOOOo, I melted the chocolate and about midway through the last 30 second nuking before the final stirring, my back started twinging. So instead of lovingly dipping each nut, I just dumped em all into the chocolate, stirred,and deposited the mixture onto a piece of parchment paper in one large, ungraceful bunch. As I was tamping the contents down into a semi-flat shape and moving the nuts about for even distribution I realized...FUCK..I had wanted to make white chocolate macadamia nut cookies with these. Oh well...At least, as I sit there, gorging on beautiful, broken off chunks of pure heaven....I know that it's "healthy" according to Oprah at least.....except for that little thing about intentionally forgetting what the proper serving size was supposed to be...errrr....I think I doubled it...but who the hell can only eat an OUNCE of chocolate and/or chocolate covered nuts?!?!? Sadistic bastards.

No comments: