9/18/2004

Itching to write

I used to do a lot of creative writing. I have tons of short stories and novels that I had begun but never quite got around to finishing - even recently started a screenplay with a friend of mine...Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to have the time to work on it with me, so it's been tossed to the wayside. I am considering doing an installment series on Rivers of Blood, but wanted to get the feedback of my faithful readers first. No point in forcing my stories down your throats if you are a) not going to read it b) not going to appreciate it and c) leave. If you are remotely interested, give me a shout. I will post some general info about some of the things I am going to try to finish up. That way I can get feedback on them if they completely suck ass; or if you think it's going in a completely horrid direction...Well, you can also tell me if the writing itself is completely horrible and I should give up on even attempting to bother with finishing these previous works. Another idea I was considering is to have you post topics for a short story and having a vote on the theme you would most like to see. Then having it completed in 4 weeks or less. So there would be a new story each month. My problem right now is that I want to write - I find it to be a great creative outlet, but I just can't really come up with anything. Another sad thing is that a lot of the novels/short stories I had started back in high school seem sort of like rip-offs of other authors I came across long after they were even begun. That makes it hard to bother with completing your original idea...when you figure most people will consider it you trying to "be like Mike", even when you started before "Mike" became a household word; or before you were introduced to "Mike". One of them, which I seem to have lost, I had an offer for publication on. But, at the time I was pissed at how it was submitted to the publisher (without my consent) so I never worked on it again. Well, let me know either way. If I get no responses, I will figure that I shan't bother. If I do, I'll actually have to attempt to do more frequent updates and find the time to write. (That last bit was a joke...I wake up at 2pm, and alternate my time between playing online, playing my keyboard, physical therapy, and watching tv....OHhhhhh..I'm a busy lil beaver, aren't I?)

3 comments:

littlejoe said...

I would like to see some creative writing. I like the way you write things that really happened, so creative writing could be interesting.

I want a story about midget lesbian vampires at a gay pride parade.

Anonymous said...

I would love to see some of your creative writing. Not too sure about the whole midget vampire thing however. Perhaps something with more action and/or violence, unless you would like to add those in with the midgets!

-Nessa

Anathematized1 said...

Hrrrrrmmmmm....

I have an idea...I already have a story with vampires, and it has a bdsm feel to it. (Did you get the vampire theme from the screenplay LJ?)...But it won't work thus far if you are requesting a mass fighting scene though.

As far as the midgets.....I can quickly throw them in...some Bacchanalian festivity where they all kill themselves off quickly and we won't have to deal with them anymore LOL. That should appease Joe and make everone else wonder.."WTF was the point of that????" Then I'll MAKE the point in the 2nd to last sentence of the piece....gawd, I hate when writers do that. Especially since most of the time it's done poorly.