9/12/2004

Updates

Since I haven't posted in awhile I haven't bothered with any updates on my job situation. I had a job interview last week, it was through a direct placement company who also wants me to come in and interview with them about a receptionist/administrative assistant position. I told them that I could not expect them to pay the salary that I would require due to the gas mileage and distance. They still want me to stop by, so I will do so on monday in between interviews for a mini-interview and a little chat with my placement rep/recruiter. Earlier this week, I realized on Careerbuilder, like a DUMBASS, I had my tech resume searchable instead of my clerical resume. Once I changed that I managed to set up 3 job interviews on Monday and 2 on Wednesday in the Chicago area. Two of them I am remotely interested in. One is actually a sort of temp thing with a tech placement company called TekSystems. It's more administrative but they need someone with a technical background and the lady said that I would likely promote out of that department into a technical role within 6 months. Two are for office type work (fairly good pay though), the other one I am interested in is for a Network Administrator position. I actually have to study for that because I haven't done it in so long. I don't think telling them about the network I had at home that I FINALLY got working two days before my computer crashed is going to count as recent experience LOL. But, I will be in the area for another interview so it's not like it's a complete waste of my time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I can't wait around for the answer from that company from last month anymore. I mean, come on..do they REALLY think most people sit around for 2-3 months waiting for an acceptance letter? I'd figure if they were as interested as she last mentioned, they would have made the decision already. And the one I interviewed for last week, I don't really want. The only real plus are the benefits. It sounds like there isn't much to do, and I really don't like creating work for myself and I'd really have to start looking hardcore for an apartment that didn't cost $800+/month for a one bedroom. But also, at this point..it's a job, right? Even if I have to commute 2 hours a day one way and spend $250 a month on gas and put 3-4,000 miles a month on my car.