9/18/2004

EEEEP!!!!!!!!!!!

We have snakes again. I don't MIND snakes, I just prefer not to find them slithering around in our living room or basement. It's especially annoying because they are wily little fuckers. I'm trying to tell myself that it was just in my head, otherwise I'm going to start seeing snakes everywhere. That's one of the bad things about living fairly near the "country" (which is becoming less and less "country" with each passing year due to industrialization and the expansion of our fair city). In the winter we get mice who decide camping out in our nice warm basement is preferable to hiding out in lil mouse hidy holes in the frigid outdoors. In the spring we get a maelstrom of bugs swooping in like a typhoon, in summer/early fall...we get snakes. For joy....I'm going to be wandering around the house with a pair of tongs in case I come across our newest visitor/uninvited guest. Hopefully, I won't get as rambunctious with this one as I did with the other earlier this year...He sorta got squished a bit before I tossed him outside. I remember when I was a kid and found a snake outside whose tail was crushed. I took him into our house and kept him in the bed with me figuring the waterbed would give him some warmth. The next morning I stuck him in my underwear drawer before I went to take a shower. After the shower, I came back and my little friend had "run" off....About 5 hours later I saw the dog munching on the remains of my little buddy. Well...at least he was likely very comfortable and snuggly warm before his ultimate demise brought about by a golden retriever with a penchant for hunting little creatures that ran in terror. Damn...I miss that dog. She was the sweetest thing. Died of cancer a few years back. Well, I suppose the great snake hunt off is to begin anew. Unfortunately, the basement has a plethora of places that thing could be hiding at...one of which is my second room..Most of which is storage, but I go down there several times a day. Maybe..just MAYBE, if I ignore it, it will go away...or at the very least, never be seen by me again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you got snakes in your house this time of year! Ewww...yet another reason for you to come here instead of me go there. :)

-Nessa

Anathematized1 said...

Hey now...."here" isn't so bad..we have central air, lamb, and I have a pretty cool home theater system (which could keep the snakes at bay as we danced around gaily to the theme music of some lame chick flick or other.)

Ok, there is better, you have alchyhol.