10/07/2004

A Letter to Ashton Kutcher

Dear Ashton, I apologize for all of the typecasting and stereotyping I did of you. I mentally placed you under the heading of "idiot...fucking non-acting retard bastard" and it was wrongful and hateful of me to form this opinion. Especially, due to recent enlightenments, I have been fortunate enough to come across The Butterfly Effect. In my humble opinion you gave a stunning performance in an original movie which I, for one, found to be enough to cause a public apology for the things I have said and thought about you. Of course, you are likely not to give a rat's ass about it, but it still makes me feel better to publicly state that: You are not a fucktard; and your dramatic debut was, quite honestly, very refreshing. Sincerely, Me
What attracted you to the script? Ashton: I thought that it was kind of a fantastic metaphor for life, and pretty enlightening. I also spoke with the directors before I decided to sign on. And they had a really clear, concise vision of what they wanted to do stylistically, and what they wanted from the story. And the opportunity to play a character that’s blind to the trauma that takes place in his life. The violence in the movie I thought was a fantastic metaphor for how blind we are as a society, and as a people, to the things that actually do happen on a day to day basis, and how we kind of just block them out. And whether it be through our media or whatever, we go “Oh, it’s not happening in my world, so it’s not happening.” In the movie there’s a great representation of the violence with the kids, and the pedophilia, and these kind of things that the guys could have taken the easy road, and you know, kind of squeamishly cut around, but they weren’t afraid of it.
Read More of this interview.

No comments: