10/05/2004

Soundtrack of Your Life

Got this from Graumagus's blog: "If you had to pick 15 songs (and only fifteen) to be on the soundtrack of your life, what would they be, and why?" Well, here is my soundtrack.
1. Iris - Googoo Dolls - Because it both sums up how I want someone to feel for me someday and how I generally feel while in relationships (respectively) All I can taste is this moment And all I can breathe is your life and sooner or later it's over I just don't want to miss you tonight And I don't want the world to see me 'Cause I don't think that they'd understand When everything's made to be broken I just want you to know who I am 2. Opiate - Tool - because it sort of symbolizes what I feel like after I've found out my decisions were not good ones. Choices always were a problem for you. What you need is someone strong to guide you. Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow, what you need is someone strong to use you.. like me, like me. 3. Porcelain - Red Hot Chili Peppers - because it quite aptly describes how I am generally feeling of late. Are you wasting away in your skin Are you missing the love of your kin Drifting and floating and fading away 4. Inertia Creeps - Massive Attack - It's a crazy song that makes no sense and is a complete maelstrom of chaos which is in direct conflict with the song title...If you don't get it I can't explain it. It's all about dichotomies. Recollect me darling raise me to your lips Two undernourished egos four rotating hips Hold on to me tightly I'm a sliding scale Can't endure then you can't inhale Clearly Out of body experience interferes And dreams of flying I fit nearly Surrounds me though I get lonely Slowly 5. Cold Cold Heart - Norah Jones - basically sums up a majority of my past relationships, and how I am afraid to be. The more I learn to care for you The more we drift apart Why can't I free your doubtful mind And melt your cold cold heart 6. Always Look on the Bright Side of Life - Monty Python - because I have been singing it all day. It makes me laugh and is very true. Life's a piece of shit, When you look at it. Life's a laugh and death's a joke it's true. You'll see it's all a show. Keep 'em laughing as you go. Just remember that the last laugh is on you. And... Always look on the bright side of life. 7. Love is Blindness - U2 - I am a commitment-phobe...Enough said. Love is clockworks and cold steel Fingers too numb to feel. Squeeze the handle, blow out the candle Love is blindness. 8. The Sweater Song - Weezer - I can't give any explanations for this one. It just makes sense...Like a plea to be understood, acknowledge, allowed to just...BE. I'm me Me be Goddamn I am I can Sing and Here me Know me 9. Everything is Wonderful Now - Everclear - I did this as a kid, and I still do this when things aren't going right. Which might explain why I get so pissed off when people say everything is going to be ok...if you were a prognosticator you'd be rich. So bugger your generic happy, happy crap. Go to my room and I close my eyes I make believe that I have a new life I don't believe you when you say Everything will be wonderful someday 10. California King - Everclear - This is my rage song for when people blatantly think I am inferior because of whatever reason - height, weight, skin color. When people steal my ideas, don't listen to them, or treat me like a complete idiot for no apparent reason other than the fact they can. I know you think you look so special What makes you think you are so special? What makes you think you are unique? I see you smile and I get angry As i watch you go colossal Like a California king ... I will find you in the crowded room I will knock you off your feet I will burn you just like teenage love I will eat you just like meat I will break you into pieces Hold you up for all the world to see What makes you think you're better than me? What makes you think you're better? What makes you think you are complete? What makes you think you are the only one immune to falling down Why can't you see I see you fall and I get happy I will watch you burn like fire I will watch you burn like a California king 11. Friend is a Four Letter Word - Cake - This one is more dealing with my self-esteem issues and the "friend hating" phase I go through at least twice a year. I have great friends, but sometimes feel unappreciated and pretty much think they are fucking bastards. To me, coming from you, Friend is a four letter word. End is the only part of the word That I heard. Call me morbid or absurd. But to me, coming from you, Friend is a four letter word. 12. Fell on Black Days - Soundgarden - I am starting to realize my soundtrack is rather depressing....hmmmm. Whomsoever I've cured I've sickened now Whomsoever I've cradled I've put you down I'm a search light soul They say but I can't See it in the night I'm only faking When I get it right 13. Bitch - By Meridith Brooks - Enough said. So take me as I am this may mean you'll have to be a stronger man rest assured that when I start to get you nervous And I'm going to extremes Tomorrow I will change and today won't mean a thing I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother*, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint, I do not feel ashamed, *I am NOT a mother...unless the voices in my head count. 14. La Vie en Rose - Edith Piaf - Ahhh, but to have nights of love and my troubles and sorrows erased. I fucking love this song. It aroused the passion of bittersweet hope in me even before I spoke a lick of french. Des Nuits D'amour A Plus Finir Un Grand Bonheur Qui Prend Sa Place Les Ennuis, Des Chagrins S'effacent Heureux, Heureux A En Mourir 15. Golden - Jill Scott - Ok, I just heard this song for the first time today, and changed the channel towards the end cause it's not my style, but the lyrics in the beginning are how I want my life to be. And I figure it's a good ending point for my soundtrack. Completely off-base from the other music, and definately upbeat. I'm taking my freedom, Pulling it off the shelf, Putting it on my chain, Wear it around my neck, I'm taking my freedom, Putting it in my car, Wherever I choose to go, It will take me far,
Good lord, this was a long post. My musical selections are weird..and I probably should have thrown in Sir Mixalot's "Baby Got Back" for good measure....shake dat assssss!

No comments: